FYI: World Bank has commenced preparations for the $500m Nigerian Electricity Distribution Improvement Project.
The bank had conducted a fact-finding mission in the distribution sub-sector of the industry in order to ascertain how it could help boost service delivery by the power distributors.
World Bank representatives met with stakeholders from the Ministry of Power, Works and Housing, NERC, Ministry of Finance and Bureau of Public Enterprises, in addition to private sector operatives, Discos and commercial bank representatives. The NEDIP is expected to contribute to the operationalisation of the distribution segment under the PSRP.”
the objectives of the nationwide public awareness campaign was to raise awareness on power sector issues, consumer rights and responsibilities, in addition to key messaging on metering, electricity theft, bill payment, energy efficiency and conservation, power value chain education and the role of Discos, among others.
Here are my questions & reservations:
- Why are we collecting money from world bank, all the monies that the EFCC has been seizing, what is their usefulness?
- The fact that World Bank keeps giving us these monies is questionable like they are benefiting from this s**t, get in us into more debt till they tell us to move out of this country….. hmmm
- Say we accept this new $500 M propaganda, are we going to have constant light? Will I still be paying NEPA bill without getting my money’s worth?
- Does this project cover the whole of Nigeria or some parts of it?
- Is it possible to have a name of someone who will be responsible for the success or failure of this project, by the time this goes to s**t, all we would hear is the body responsible said a Baboon and his family carted our money away.